Thursday, December 17, 2009

KAA: Brotherly Love




YES! I finally took the Jersey Turnpike, which finally shed some light on the ‘what exit?’ thing that people from New Jersey always talk about. I actually imagined there being a bypass highway to New York City going to Philadelphia, unfortunately I had to drive through NYC, which wasn’t as big an accomplishment as the locals make it out to be. So far the only major city to have a bypass route is Phoenix, call me crazy, but it’s a good fuckin’ idea!



Its only befitting that an American Hero of my caliber would eventually make his way to Philly, a city I had always wanted to visit due to its historical contributions to democracy and sandwiches. I experienced all the basics the city has to offer: The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rocky Balboa statue, black people, the LOVE park, and of course cheesesteaks!
















I had no choice but to put both Pat’s and Geno’s to the test, and the verdict: Geno’s tastes better, Pat’s feels more ‘authentic,’ whatever that means.

Afterwards, I was ready to experience all of the excitement that Delaware has to offer, that took about 45 minutes…





My next stop was Baltimore, where I didn’t know what to expect, I just wanted not to get syphilis. Visiting Edgar Allan Poe’s grave was important to me, after all I did dress up as the red death for Halloween in High School, getting Mr. Denny to reluctantly give me extra credit for dressing up from a piece of American Literature.

Afterwards it was time find out what these Maryland crabcakes are all about, turns out they’re all about mayonnaise, which is disgusting, but waterfront was very nice, despite the traffic for the Ravens game.





Your American Hero,
-AK

0 comments: